I…can’t…breathe! This is the best news I’ve heard in a while! I’m not sure that I’ll make it until August 24th when I can actually get to read it, but I can stare at the cover image starting NOW. I know that I keep telling people that I almost threw Catching Fire off my front porch when I was finished, but it was only because I did not have Mockingjay already accessible! You guys who’ve read it know what I’m talking about…
I am thrilled! Would you believe, dear readers, that I even have a mockingjay pin that I’ve been wearing on my winter coat? I’m such a fangirl sometimes.
Of course there’s no news on what the book will actually be ABOUT plot-wise, but the following list of things that most certainly will NOT be in the novel were pretty hilarious and I had to share them with you. They were created by Scholastic Publishing’s David Levithan (VP Editorial Director) and featured on their blog.
- Panem is not shaken up when District 9 is nominated for a best picture Oscar.
- At no point does President Snow utter the line, “This is Snowmageddon, baby.”
- Despite internet rumors to the contrary, it is not revealed that Cinna has been secretly designing outfits for a Capitol operative known as “Lady GaGa.”
- All rumors of a crossover appearance by Geronimo Stilton are false.
- In a tough editorial call, we decided not to have Katniss win the Hunger Games…only to be interrupted by Kanye West.
HA! funny stuff! Not so funny? Having to wait! ARGHH! Oh, and by the way – are you Team Peeta or Team Gale?